Getting Support

 The local Offer



LOCAL OFFER WEBSITE, Warwickshire has a Local Offer section on their council website , You should be able to find out about support and services available for your child or children and young people (0-25) with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).  You can find information here about Education, Health and Social care services.

Here's a video explaining how the Local Offer works

However it can be very complicated to find support, particularly if your child or children have needs which are not considered severe enough to cross the Needs Threshold for a service. You can find out more about Thresholds  here.

SENDIAS and the Family Information Service

SENDIAS Warwickshire have a service called SENDIAS (Special Educational Needs Information Advice and Support Services) who you can contact for advice about getting support and impartial, confidential advice and support on all matters relating to SEND.

 FAMILY INFORMATION SERVICE Warwickshire also have the Family Information Service



Education Health and Social Care Plans (EHCP)

EDUCATION, HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE PLANS This page on the Local Offer explains about assessments for Education, Health and Social Care Plans.

Warwickshire have a system for deciding whether a child or young person needs an EHC plan.

This is a useful video that explain's more about EHC Plans


You can find out more on the council for disabled children's website about Examples of good practice with EHCP's by clicking here.

SEND (Special Education and Disabilities) Provision Matrix

This useful document was developed by Warwickshire to help explain what all schools should be doing to provide support for all their pupil's in Warwickshire.  You can view the document here

SEND Provision Matrix.

Usually a school should prove they are doing everything on the matrix before an EHC plan will be considered.

MASH (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub)

Warwickshire use a system called MASH (Multi - agency safeguarding Hub) to deal with calls about children or adults at risk or children needing social care assessments.

If you feel your child or adult needs an assessment MASH should not tell you your child or adult is not eligible. Please contact us if you can't organise a social care assessment through MASH.  More information about MASH can be found here documents/WCCC-954-499

Citizens Advice 

Most people now approach Citizens Advice for support accessing benefits including Child Tax Credit, Carer's allowance and other disability benefits.

South Warwickshire CAB -  

North Warwickshire CAB

 Not Fine in School

Not Fine in School has been created in reaction to the growing number of children who are struggling to attend mainstream school. Their aim is to promote policies and practices that allow parents and professionals to work together, Click Here to find out more.


IPSEA offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).


CONTACT support families with the guidance and information. They also have a free helpline which can help answers questions and offer advice on education, health, social care, benefits and much more.